Fault code 02645 Valve For Level Control System : Mechanical Failure is related to the automatic ride height adjustment control system. New coming vehicle in which automatic ride height adjustment system is installed, that use to manage height of vehicle automatically. this system involve a Airmatic compressor, Level control pressure sensor (G291), height sensor and a height control module (J197). when control module of height system detect the failure of level control pressure sensor (G291) sensor fault code 02645 Valve For Level Control System : Mechanical Failure is set in the control module.
Height Control module is use in height control system to monitor the height of each wheel through the height level sensor, and send these signals to level control pressure sensor. Level control pressure sensor is directly connected to airmatic compressor, use these signal from control module and send the require amount of air in each wheel air suspension.
Failure of level control pressure sensor will slow down the up and down movement of height control. Some time failure of the level control pressure sensor can cause the vehicle to not go up or down. In most of the cases when fault code 02645 Valve For Level Control System : Mechanical Failure is set, it indicate the failure of G291 sensor. But in some cases failure of airmatic compressor may be the reason behind this fault code.
Causes 02645 Valve For Level Control System :
- Faulty level control pressure sensor (G291).
- Failure of airmatic compressor.
- no communication between (G291) and (J197).
- faulty height control module.
- Leak inside the height control system.
- Air suspension warning light will start blinking on cluster meter.
- vehicle height may be too low or too high and also sometime one side high one side low.
- fault code store in control module.
Solution Causes of Valve For Level Control System :
- Replace faulty level control pressure sensor (G291).
- repair or replace airmatic compressor.
- Replace faulty height control module.
- visually check for any damage in wiring harness.
- also check for leak in system.
How to trouble soot fault code :
- Mechanic should start diagnosing fault code from scanning the fault code, and check the status of fault code. if it is in intermittent form and there is no customer complain you can ignore it.
- If fault code is in active status, then check the signal of each height sensor and control valve sensor.
- always in this situation when fault code 02645 Valve For Level Control System : Mechanical Failure is set in the control module it indicate the failure of level control pressure sensor (G291).
- replacement of G291 sensor can solve the problem. if does not work then check airmatic compressor for its weak operation or internal failure. if it not making enough pressure require by level control pressure sensor G291,then also this fault code can store in control module.
- also replacement of weak air compressor can solve the fault code.